FS043019 2.b.2Approved by EC 4/9/19 & FS 4/30/19

Executive Committee Minutes

Maple Room, Atwood

March 26, 2019

 

Attendance: (Those present indicated by an underline)

Officers: FA President Tom Hergert, Vice President Mark Jaede, Secretary Jamie Heiman, Treasurer Tina Sacin

IFO Board Members: Debra Leigh, Shawn Schooley 

Unit Representatives: CLA: Debra Japp (CMST), Jen Tuder (CMST); COSE: Matt Julius (BIOL); HBS: Bill Hudson (FIRE); SCEE: Tony Hansen (EAS); SOTA: Matt Ferrell (MUSIC); SOE: Steven McCullar (ELHE); SHHS: Laura Finch (Kinesiology); SOPA: Dick Andzenge (CJ); SS: Cindy Gruwell (UL)

Negotiator: Tracy Ore (SOC)

Faculty of Color Caucus Representative: Ajay Panicker (SOC/CLA)

Contingent Appointment Representative: Jill Zasadny (Adjunct/ENGL/CLA)

 

1)   Call to order at 3:34 pm

 

2)   Approval of Minutes

a)   EC minutes of March 12, 2019 (EC032619 2.a)

Motion to approve EC minutes of March 12, 2019, and all actions included—(Finch/Leigh). Passed

 

3)   Treasurer’s Report—no report.

 

4)   Announcements/Status Reports

a)   Grievances—report given.

b)   Provost and President Meetings Updates—no reports; no meetings since Faculty Senate.

c)    Negotiations—no report.

d)   Organizing Funds Update (Tuder, Heiman, Panicker)

i)     Faculty Senate approved funding for 6 hours of Organizing Training on Tuesday, May 14 with Amy Livingston.

ii)   Tuder is working with FA to set up payment, reserving rooms, etc.

Motion for FA to contact Bargaining Union Leadership on campus to participate in training—(Tuder/Jaede). Passed

 

Motion for FA to contact other FA Leadership to participate in training—(Tuder/Panicker). Passed

e)   Resolution from SGA to make second day of October (formerly Columbus Day) to be Indigenous People’s Day—to be coming to Faculty Senate next week.

 

5)   Call for new agenda items—Summer undergraduate research applications.

 

6)   Unfinished Business

a)   FA Standing Committee Charges (EC032619 6.a)—discussed.

Motion to send charge back to Academic Affairs for more information—(Jaede/Gruwell). Passed

 

Motion to send Budget Review Committee charge changes to Faculty Senate—(Jaede/Finch). Passed

 

Motion to send Election and Nominations Committee to Faculty Senate—(Jaede/Julius). Passed

 

Motion to remove all equity issues committee items (Feminist, LGBTQ+, and Multicultural) since they are now addressed by caucus groups—(Jaede/Finch). Passed

 

Motion to approve Professional Development Committee charge with amendment to read “appropriate for internal faculty”—(Julius/Jaede). Passed

 

Motion to send Technology & Pedagogical Resources Committee to Faculty Senate—(Julius/Jaede). Passed

 

b)   Adjunct faculty funding policy revision—not discussed.

c)    Complaints about Executive Committee; and Process, Role, and Transparency (McCullar)—discussed.

d)   Bookstore Issues (Tuder)—not discussed.

e)   Agenda for Inviting Brent Jeffers to campus for an All-Faculty Event—not discussed.

f)    Instituting an all-bargaining-unit celebration in Spring 2019 (Organizing Funds?)—not discussed.

g)   Faculty Search Process for Probationary Faculty (Tuder)—not discussed.

h)   Motion to have the FA President advise the Faculty Research Grants Committee to come up with a plan B for situations when the administrators are not available or because of weather, and to let applicants know what the plan B is—(Leigh/Panicker). Tabled—not discussed.

Motion to extend meeting to discuss New Business—(Julius). Passed with no objection.

 

7)   New Business

a)   Summer undergraduate research applications

Motion for FA Leadership to inquire from the Provost the rationale regarding the procedure concerning uncompensated faculty supervision of summer undergraduate research program—(Julius/seconded). Passed

 

8)   Adjourned at 5:09 pm

 

Submitted by Polly Chappell, FA/IFO Union Office Operations Coordinator