FS110618 2.bApproved by EC 10/30/18 & FS 11/6/18

Executive Committee Minutes

Maple Room, Atwood

October 9, 2018

 

Attendance: (Those present indicated by an underline)

Officers: FA President Tom Hergert, Vice President Mark Jaede, Secretary Jamie Heiman, Treasurer Tina Sacin

IFO Board Members: Debra Leigh, Shawn Schooley 

Unit Representatives: CLA: Debra Japp (CMST), Jen Tuder (CMST); COSE: Matt Julius (BIOL); HBS: Bill Hudson (FIRE); SCEE: Tony Hansen (EAS); SOTA: Matt Ferrell (MUSIC); SOE: Steven McCullar (ELHE); SHHS: Laura Finch (Kinesiology); SOPA: Dick Andzenge (CJ); SS: Cindy Gruwell (UL)

Negotiator: Tracy Ore (SOC)

 

1)   Call to order at 3:34 pm

 

2)   Approval of Minutes

a)   EC minutes of September 25, 2018 (EC100918 2.a)

Motion to approve EC minutes of September 25, 2018, and all actions included—(Gruwell/Finch). Passed

 

3)   Treasurer’s Report—no new report; quarterly report in last faculty senate minutes.

 

4)   Announcements/Status Reports

a)   Grievances—no report.

b)   Provost and President Meetings Updates—brief report given.

c)    Ellison Meeting tonight at 7 pm in South Glacier—please attend if you are available.

 

5)   Call for new agenda items—none.

 

6)   Unfinished Business

a)   NextGen—this is the replacement for ISRS. The call will go out soon for one faculty representative.

b)   Academic Affairs documents (EC100918 6.b revised/updated)—Jaede met with the Provost yesterday and they discussed the document. During administration’s half hour with EC they will speak about how a project in a module will help achieve a goal. In preparation for that, EC went through the document. There was discussion. This draft should have all of EC’s changes so far. Jaede used “enrollment” as an example. There was discussion about prioritizing the list; it was noted that LEP was missing; the inefficiencies of the curriculum offered (enhancing curriculum); time-block and scheduling classes, including summer schedule; office hours and consistent expectations and standards; teaching varied methods and consistent planning and training to help faculty teach online; faculty hiring; and teaching online without D2L.

 

7)   New Business

a)   Time Certain 4:30-5 pm—Talk with Dan Gregory, Provost, and La Vonne Cornell-Swanson, Associate Provost for Faculty and Student Affairs—the guests were unable to attend. They will plan to attend the EC meeting on November 13, 2018.

b)   Academic Program Concerns and Complaints: https://www5.stcloudstate.edu/Policies/SCSU/Viewer.aspx?id=12 (Sacin)—Hergert asked EC to look over this document. There was discussion. Hergert will bring this up to the Academic Policy Working Group.

 

8)   Adjournment at 4:38 pm

 

Submitted by Polly Chappell, FA/IFO Union Office Operations Coordinator